Testicular pain, inguinal pain, scrotal mass, etc.
Additional Views and Measurements
- Side-by-side view the both testes comparing the blood flow, aka Spectacle view
- Views of the epididymis
- Spectral doppler assessment of the veins and arteries
- Measurements of the testes in long and short views
- Drape the patient with blue towels or chux exposing only the scrotum for comfort.
- Start with the unaffected side first.
- Move posterolateral with the probe in the sagittal orientation to get the best view of the epididymis.
- Normal testes are approximately 2-3cm in width and 3-5cm in length in adults.
- The normal width of the epididymis at the head is 0.9-1.2mm.